Friday, 18 May 2012

Axis of Awesome

Concerts are generally best enjoyed with company but I guess if you are planning to head to one alone then a comedy band is as good as any to catch in the sole company of a few glasses of wine.


But really, what else is there to say about the Axis of Awesome apart from the fact that their gig was just an awesome good time and rollicking hilarious fun? I only knew them for their now-ubiquitous 4 Chord Song but thanks to this gig I now know that if I ever get myself a car one day (need to learn to drive first) I am going to - at least once - roll down my car window, turn up the volume on my CD player, and blast Can You Hear the F***ing Music Coming Out of My Car? as loudly as I possibly can.

And that if I ever write a love song, writing it in German with a few "Sieg, heil!"s thrown in is sure to draw the laughs.

All in all it was a fantastic evening filled with crazed songs, wolf howls (don't ask. really.) and height jokes (sorry, Benny) topped off with a KFC song for the encore. Yes, you heard it right; and no, you don't want to actually hear it. Really.

(Nah, I'm joking. Really, you have to. At least once.)